How to Return a Copier
Your lease is coming to an end and you’re excited to get a new copier in your office. You may be already thinking about your new copier when you realize you don’t know how to return the copier you already have. Returning a copier should be the easy part of the lease, but it can be tricky. We want to make sure you understand everything about how to return a copier.
Copier leasing companies use a sneaky trick to make extra money at the end of your copier lease. Some leases will have a provision that allows copier companies to continue your lease unless you specifically cancel. That means that your lease may automatically continue even if your five-year lease is up. You could be stuck with the same, old copier for another three months of payments! Here’s how to avoid this from happening to you.
- Check your lease for automatic lease renewal or rollover. See if you are in danger of getting scammed for extra time. If you do not have this, then you probably have nothing to worry about.
- Figure out how to cancel you lease. This usually includes writing a letter to the company to cancel the lease.
- Find out when you have to cancel. There is usually a period between 45-90 days before the lease expires. Make sure you do not miss this time period
- Contact your leasing company to confirm termination. Once you’ve sent in the letter to terminate, check to make sure everything is in order. Companies love to sneak in extra ways to get your money so it never hurts to double check.
Leasing companies can also zing you with fees if you return the copier incorrectly. Make sure you follow instructions with your leasing company to ensure correct return. This could include things like:
- Packaging the toner separately
- Packing the paper tray separately
- Removing various parts from the copier
If you do not return the copier in a specific way then you may be fined exorbitant fees on the back end. Don’t let this happen to you.
Returning a copier should be a relief, not a hassle. Milwaukee Copier has the simplest leases around. We will help get you set up with the right lease for you. Our staff has the experience to help with everything from copier sales and repair; to helping you learn how to return a copier. Call us today for the best copier leasing experience in Milwaukee.